On 18.03.2015 13:22, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

>>> I mean, the "in-view" definitions...
>
> On 18.03.15 13:10, Konstantin Stefanov wrote:
>> So now I have to have two definitions for every slave zone in different
>> files. Well, it is the thing I did, but I do not like it.
>>
>> Requirement to have 2 synced definitions in 2 different places leads to
>> bugs.
>
> and what did you have before?
> multiple definitions of the same zones with the same filenames, which leads
> to bugs (although you were lucky not to encounter them)
Yes, I was lucky and everything worked for me as I thought it had to be.

> now you can have:
>
> definitions of zones with filename in one general view
>
> file with definitions of zones with "in-view".
>
> multiple inclusions of the file in multiple views.
And now I am unlucky as I have to make my cofig more complex, confusing
and bug-prone to achieve the same effect.

But I'm lucky enough to have three options to choose how to spoil my config.

> ... you still can stop using views.
And I can still stop using DNS.

If I only could stop using views, I would not ask the question.

--
Konstantin Stefanov,

Research Computing Center
M.V Lomonosov Moscow State University