On 1/5/16 6:26 AM, Jan-Piet Mens wrote:
>> This might make you sad if you have lots of zones or large zones.
>
> .. or even just want to look at what was transferred (whitout having to
> recurse to a `dig axfr').
>
> I see no reason to omit 'file' (except on a diskless slave ;-)

I ran into one exception to this rule - it seemed that the customer had
security requirements that did not allow "transient data" to be written
to disk.  They had to make sure that if the physical device was stolen,
all of their zone data didn't follow it out the door.

AlanC
--
Why don't we wander and follow la vie dansante.