On 16/06/16 12:15, Tony Finch wrote:
Thomas Sturm <t...@open.ch> wrote:

We are experiencing strange intermittent issues when resolving
outlook.office365.com, but also with other domains like e.g.
amazonaws.com or snort.org.

Based on recent discussions on the mailop list

For what it's worth, I've been aggressively monitoring DNS resolution of outlook.office365.com from all four of our recursives, both A & AAAA, once a minute for the past 3 months.

(This was as part of "proving" that various O365 issues were client side, not network-triggered)

I haven't had a single failed or bad response, for over 1M queries (4x resolvers, 2x queryies - one each A/AAAA, once a minute)

Our recursive servers are bind 9.10, and have been variously over the period 9.10.3-P2, 9.10.3-P4 and 9.10.4-P1.