On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 03:51:17PM +0200, Pol Hallen wrote:
> dig yahoo.it @192.168.1.212
>
> query is 38ms, second query is 1msec
>
> Can I replicate a whole internet primary dns to have on my bind in
> local network all domains name updated?

"Internet primary dns", are you referring to the .it top-level
domain, or the yahoo.it. zone?

In either case the answer is the same: if you can find a server which
allows axfr/ixfr, yes, you can configure the zone as a slave zone.

One caveat: because you are not one of the published NS for that
zone, you are not going to receive notifies when the zone data is
changed.  You can ask the zone owner to add you to the also-notify
list, but in neither case are you likely to get that.

> Is 38ms an acceptable results?

I checked from my well-connected server in Alabama USA, and I got
372ms, almost ten times your result.  Of course that query was
probably trans-Atlantic, so that adds a bit of latency.

If you're thinking that you can do this replication to improve DNS
performance, you're right, it will do that.  But it certainly will
not scale (if it's even possible to get axfr/ixfr), and it won't
handle modern CDN systems properly.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/