I migrated our bind resolvers to a new config (new named.conf) and I see
delegation broken. How do I trouble-shoot?

- The resolvers (are slaves) and are authoritative for zone1.example.com and
example.com
- the resolvers forward queries to our companies DNS to resolve external names
like microsoft.com, isc.com etc
- The resolver has views and match same destinations in both old and new config.

the zone is zone1.example.com which contains a record name1.zone1.example.com
as below:
name1.zone1.example.com. NS othername1.example.com.
othername1.example.com.    A   1.2.3.4

dig @localhost  name1.zone1.example.com.  # this doesn't give any hint.

Here are the steps I tried and still no luck:

1. Compared zone transfer output of zone1.example.com before and after
migration, both look similar and contains delegation entry.

2. I tried this and works ok (before and after migration) in both cases
indicating that the NS
    is still reachable and respond to DNS queries before and after migration.

dig     @othername1.example.com.  name1.zone1.example.com.
## Returns 5.6.7.8 as expected  ACLs broken

3. Checked cache dump file (db file) - I see the following entry when it works
(pre-migration):
cache_dump.db:; 1.2.3.4  [srtt 0] [flags 00000000] [ttl 1797]

however, the above entry is missing after I migrate to new BIND config.

I compared the BIND configs before and after migration and I don't see any
significant difference which might cause this issue.. wondering what am I
missed?

Thanks
Blr