Hello,
I would like to check if my understanding is correct regarding delegation and
forward
Delegation: I want to delegate the administrative tasks to someone else for one
subdomainsubdomain1.mydomain.orgI'll specify the NS of that
subdomain1.mydomain.org in my mydomain.org zone fileThe other person will be
able to create rr1.subdomain1.mydomain.org
Forward zone: I can forward a specific zone to a DNS that is different from the
default fowarders or I won't attempt to do an iterative lookup.
=> Question 1: Can I have a forward zone that is a subdomain
subdomain1.mydomain.org ? Or when the zone is a subdomain of mydomain (I'm
athoritative) it's always a delegation ?
=> Question 2: When I do a delegation, is it correct that the remote DNS server
holding subdomain1.mydomain.org must always answer the SOA with SOA records and
NS records (RFC 2181 chapter 6.1)
Regards