Am 18.04.2017 um 19:22 schrieb Darcy Kevin (FCA):
Unspoken and false assumption: that every machine running BIND is connected to
the Internet.

I'm no fan of old, broken Microsoft OSes (or even the newer ones, for that matter), but let's be
clear here: BIND is for anyone who doesn't want to maintain a "hosts" file.
"Connected to the Internet" is a much smaller subset of *that* set.

but you hardly need a full featured bind for that usecase...

just setup whatever container/vm running dnsmasq which can even use a hosts-file as source and likely there is something similar and tiny available for windows native too

-----Original Message-----
From: bind-users [mailto:bind-users-boun...@lists.isc.org] On Behalf Of Paul
Kosinski
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2017 9:08 PM
To: bind-users@lists.isc.org
Subject: Re: BIND 9 windows XP builds

I can see somebody running XP for some "legacy" software that doesn't run
nicely on newer versions of Windows, but I would think it extremely risky to have such a
machine connected to the Internet.

Maybe whoever runs BIND on XP should consider converting that machine to Linux,
and running BIND on Linux?

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 20:30:43 +0000