Hi Niall:

On Tue 7/11/17 22:56 +0100 "Niall O'Reilly" wrote:
> On 11 Jul 2017, at 22:01, b...@zq3q.org wrote:
>
> > As I wrote to Niall (msg dated 11 Jul 2017 15:04:32 -0500) ,
>
> That hasn't reached me yet.
>
> > I **do not** have a NS record for each of my two
> > nameservers, in the domain zone that the respective nameserver itself  is
> > in.
> > That is a mistake, I need to fix, right?
>
> Short answer: just no.
>
> Long answer: not unless either of your servers is providing name service for
> the zone that the nameserver itself is in.  As I understand from your
> original message, this is not the case, so just no.

Thanks much!

--
Check my comprehension:

So, **delegation** NS records are only needed in the zone which has an $ORIGIN,
which is 1 level up from the $ORIGIN in the zone that contains the nameserver
SOA, and
authority NS records in.  If this zone with delegation NS records is a subdomain
of a TLD, then one adds these delegation NS records by using the registrar's
interface to the TLD registry.

--
regards,
Tom