Hey Kai,

> If I do a nslookup for one of the otto.de domains I reveive "** server
> can't find somehost.ov.otto.de: SERVFAIL"

The guideline behind the response-policy is that only an actual response gets
rewritten.
This is usually an answer from a recursive lookup.
If you don't get an answer, there is nothing to rewrite.

The SERVFAIL won't be rewritten unless you told BIND to do so.

You could try the 'qname-wait-recurse' option.
I guess this isn't the original purpose of this option, but based on the
documentation this should
work for you.

>From https://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind9/cur/9.11/doc/arm/Bv9ARM.ch06.html
> Using this option can cause error responses such as SERVFAIL
> to appear to be rewritten, since no recursion is being done to
> discover problems at the authoritative server.

Cheers
Felix