Am 08.02.2018 um 16:34 schrieb Mukund Sivaraman:
On Thu, Feb 08, 2018 at 01:30:04PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
Hello Harald,
Am 2018-02-08 hackte Reindl Harald in die Tasten:
you miss the topic

many DNSBL's have a very short TTL and at the same time a limit of
queries froma single IP until you need to pay for the service

so if you have a inbound MX and the RBL has 2 seconds TTL and a botnet
is trying to deliver spam to you override the 2 scodn TTL with 90
seconds or whatever makes sense reduces the total amount of DNS requests
dramatically

Sounds logic.

And this feature was rejected by the Bind Developers?

If the RRset wants a TTL of N seconds, then that is the authoritative
instruction from the owner of the zone about how the data should be
used. We have to follow that. The RFCs so far do not allow increasing
TTL, though they allow decreasing it.

If a DNSBL zone has a TTL of 2 seconds, then talk to the zone owner
about why it is so. There ought to be a reason from their perspective
why it is set to 2s

so what - nobody can force me to ask him the same question every 2 seconds and as long it's a local resolver for my own services the one i have to ask about any why in doubt is the person i face in the mirror every morning

yes, you are free to decide that named don't need to support the users wish of such a feature. but the result is that the user stops to use named at all on a inbound-mailserver and is done