From: bind-users [] On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 6:19 PM
To: Julie Xu <>
Subject: Re: Question abut reserv zone

In this example since the address is the same I would just pick one name (the
name the machine knows itself as) and use that name for the PTR record.

I would also use DNS UPDATE to update the reverse zones rather than editing
master files.  You can delegate update authority down to the <name,type> tuple
level with DNS UPDATE.  Then it doesn’t matter which machines are holding
master files for the reverse zones.