Good morning, I'm trying to make it more difficult for an attacker to get my DNS server version. I have been following several posts about doing this and mostrly all of them suggest to modify the */etc/bind/named.conf.options* file and add the lines:

options {

version "Not available";                         // Or any bogus info or just none without quotes

}

Then restart the service (*service bind9 restart*) and the version will not be shown, only the defined text, in this case "Not available". However, after doing this and restarting the service I'm still getting my server version. Am I placing this lines in the wrong file? Thanks in advance!