From: bind-users [mailto:bind-users-boun...@lists.isc.org] On Behalf Of King,
Harold Clyde (Hal)
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 2:58 PM
To: Reindl Harald; Gary O'Brien; bind-users ISC
Subject: Re: How to create an SRV record for the CSTA service

OK I made mistakes. I’m sorry for wasting anyone's time, I really am.

I was trying to see if anyone had even made an SRV record for the CSTA service.
My presentation of the dig example was a poor choice.

--
Hal King  - h...@utk.edu
Systems Administrator

The University of Tennessee
103C5 Kingston Pike Building
2309 Kingston Pk. Knoxville, TN 37996
Phone : 974-1599
Helpdesk 24/7 : 974-9900

On 9/13/18, 12:30, "Reindl Harald" <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:

    Am 13.09.18 um 18:03 schrieb King, Harold Clyde (Hal):
    > You have me dead to rights on that. I was trying to make an example and
failed. Here's my record:
    > _csta._tcp.csta.example.com.   3600   IN   SRV   20   0   1040
hostname.example.com

    so why don't you just send an unaltered record instead of 3 mails?

    the first two ending with a dot but missing fields, the last one seems
    to have all fields but the traling dot is missing

    csta.example.com. is a subdomain "csta" below example.com
    is that desired?

    "hostname.example.com" instead "hostname.example.com." means
    "hostname.example.com.example.com"

    again: don't provide mangeled informations when you need help - frankly
    the only obfusction you can make es replace your domain name and ONLY
    that with example.com

    the first is a working example from a microsoft SIP record and now
    compare it to your real setup

    _sipfederationtls._tcp       3600 IN SRV 1 100 5061 sipfed.online.lync.com.
    _csta._tcp.csta.example.com. 3600 IN SRV 20  0 1040 hostname.example.com