On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 5:19 AM Ralph Seichter <m16+b...@monksofcool.net>
wrote:

> * Jakob Dhondt:
>
> > I have just noticed that when using dig (different versions) on Mac OS
> > (High Sierra) over IPv6 the source port is not randomized.

Hmmm. I’d never noticed that, but I certainly wouldn’t have expected it -
I’m also wondering *how* it is doing this — to increment by 2 it sounds
like there is state being kept - perhaps dig simply relies on the kernel
for the source port and isn’t randomizing at all ( and so the difference is
actually OS difference, and not dig differences?

> I may be having a senior moment, but don't IPv6 privacy extensions cover
> address randomization rather than port randomization?

Yes, but this has nothing to do with v6 privacy addresses - they are
orthogonal...

> -Ralph

I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of
pants.
   ---maf