Hello again,

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019, Alan Clegg wrote:

Take the personal attacks elsewhere if you don't mind.

My post was not intended to be a personal attack.  I did explain that
it was sent in more haste than I'd have liked, and perhaps it might
have been better if I'd have left it until I got back - but I don't
know how much better, as I'm told I'm not always very good at email
and judging by some of the responses I get that's probably correct.

In any case please do be assured that there's nothing personal going
on here, I'm simply trying to remind anyone who might think that it
doesn't hurt to be reminded (and I believe there are some) that the
ISC should have stability right up near the very top of its list of
objectives.  Amongst the characteristics of stability one may count
the lack of any requirement to make changes to configuration files,
especially at a potentially stressful time such as for example when
installing any new version of BIND.  I'd much prefer it didn't happen
at all, but if it's required then in my view the new release should be
entirely about the configuration file change(s) and nothing else, so
there's more flexibility in scheduling the change because there won't
be all those pesky new features to consider.

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019, G.W. Haywood wrote:
> Apologies for speaking frankly, but that's a lie.
I would like an apology for this because I am not a liar.

Well the apology was right there in that sentence, but here and now
and in public I apologize again.  I could take issue with a few other
things in your reply, but this is my apology, not some attempt at a
refutation or a justification, so here it ends.  More or less this
entire message is an apology, as you requested, and to anyone reading
who has better things to do, I apologize for that also.  Please let's
get back to BIND now.

--

73,
Ged.