Erich Eckner <b...@eckner.net> wrote:

> To my understanding, the difference between "forward first;" and "forward
> only;" is, that the former caches and the latter forwards all queries.
> However, I see the same behaviour in the log for both. Where is my mistake?

My understanding is that first vs. only is related to fallback behaviour,
though I don't know what kind of forwarding failures cause named to revert
to iterating. [I don't use forwarding myself, but I view `forward first`
with deep suspicion since it looks like the kind of thing that turns
misconfigurations into performance problems and mysterious weirdness.]

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
Wight, Portland, Plymouth: West or northwest 6 to gale 8, decreasing 4 or 5.