Since it sounds like you have not had much experience with, I urge you to check
it out should you have anything in your environment that could benefit from
automation. Simply telling someone to chunk it and not have any experience with
it is a little misguided IMO.

We pay multiple different teams to play in the ansible, docker, kubernetes et
al sandbox so, yeah, I admittedly do *need* to have much experience.  My
comments are not an indictment against ansible itself because I observe it
being used to create basic servers on a regular basis.  It does a fantastic
job.  Rather I was questioning the use of ansible to specifically deploy DNS
servers.

Since you updated your comments to mention that you all are selling DNS
services, the choice of ansible now makes more sense.

I've worked in the MSP space in the past and my general observation is that it
is a sweat shop with no loyalty in a race to the bottom of how low of a salary
they can get away with paying.  I genuinely hope your experience will be
different.

John

Sent from Nine<http://www.9folders.com/>