Grant Taylor via bind-users <bind-users@lists.isc.org> wrote:
> On 1/20/20 9:06 AM, N. Max Pierson wrote:
>
> > I was not aware there was anything built in that would let you
> > add/remove/change the zone itself from the master.
>
> Yes, Catalog Zones.  I think it's only a few years old.

Catalog zones are for automatic configuration of secondaries. There is
also the older rndc addzone/modzone/delzone feature which can manage
masters as well as secondaries.

The newzone feature either stores the dynamic config in a text file
(a named.conf fragment) or if you have lots of zones it can use LMDB.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
Humber, Thames, Dover: Variable 2 to 4. Smooth or slight. Fog patches.