On Monday, 27 April 2020 03:59:39 CDT Søren Andersen wrote:
> I'm running a few BIND servers, but lately one of my servers suddenly starts
> responding to clients with servfail for every request from the clients, and
> BIND doesn't respond to the rndc or statistics interface anymore.
>
> My logs for client-channel show me this:
> 25-Apr-2020 21:52:04.501 client @XX XX.37#2921 (google.dk): no more
> recursive clients (1000/900/1000): quota reached
>
> I've removed all the dns traffic from the server, and the quota is still
> reached after 6+ hours?
>
> Do you guys have some clue what all this is about? - Or any suggestions
> where to look for any further information?
>
> I'm running BIND 9.16.1 on CentOS 7:

I've had the very same thing happen twice in the past two weeks on different
production recursive servers running BIND 9.16.2 on FreeBSD. I've opened a
ticket with ISC, and they are looking into it. Can you share any additional
information that might aid troubleshooting?

If anyone else experiences this, please report it.

--
Greg