Thank you to Mark Andrews and Matus Uhlar for your quick responses ...

I see now how my thought process is fundamentally flawed  :-)

Sorry for the silly question !!

Verne
Verne Britton, Lead Systems Programmer   voice:   (304) 293-5192 x230
Systems Support Group                    (in WV, call 1-800-253-1558)
West Virginia Network for                FAX:     (304) 293-5540
     Educational Telecomputing           vbrit...@staff.wvnet.edu
837 Chestnut Ridge Road                  http://www.wvnet.edu
Morgantown, WV  26505