Greetings bind-users netizens.

Dan Mahoney, ISC SysAdmin here.

This is a message about lists.isc.org and DMARC.  If you aren't concerned
with DMARC, you can ignore it.

Over a year ago, we added adaptations to lists.isc.org to allow mail from
DMARC-protected domains to be delivered.

If you've seen problems with the way lists.isc.org currently handles DMARC
(rewriting the From: header if your sending-domain has a restrictive
[p=reject or p=quarantine] DMARC policy), we'd like to hear from you at
listmas...@isc.org as we are considering making a slightly broader change.

We are considering setting lists.isc.org to ALSO rewrite the From: header,
even if your sending-domain has a DMARC (p=none) policy.  We think this is
important because otherwise a domain, in rolling out DMARC with p=none to
start, will see false positives from mailing lists (indicating that
messages sent via that list would be rejected by the final recipients'
mailservers/filters).

We believe it makes sense for lists.isc.org to behave the same for *ANY*
DMARC policy and are considering implementing that in the next few weeks.
We will keep you updated here.

-Dan Mahoney
ISC