Marki <bind-us...@lists.roth.lu> wrote:

> Concerning static-stub: Using a (bogus) forwarder together with "forward
> first" (default) seems to work (Note: using "forward only" gives SERVFAIL).
> All outside requests get a SERVFAIL even with "forward first" but that's an
> esthetic problem.

Yes, SERVFAIL is ugly - I should have mentioned that.

> I'm not sure about the flexibility of RPZ; it doesn't seem that I can
> have rules like "client 1.2.3.4 is allowed to look up example.com but
> client 1.2.3.5 is not".

You can have multiple response-policy zones, which are matched in the
order they are listed in the configuration. You could perhaps have a zone
listed early that uses RPZ-CLIENT-IP triggers and a PASSTHRU policy for
non-sandboxed clients, then have a zone containing QNAME triggers (with
liberal use of wildcards) and PASSTHRU policy (again) for just the
permitted internal names, and finally a catch-all zone (wildcard to match
any qname) with an NXDOMAIN policy to deny external names for sandboxed
clients. (You can equally well combine the first two into a single zone,
depending on whether you want more single-purpose RPZs or fewer
multi-purpose ones.)

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  https://dotat.at/
Forties, Cromarty, Forth: South or southeast 5 to 7, increasing gale 8 or