Hello,

Our NS3.qnet.fi which is Windows Server 2019, does not start ISC Bind process
with any newer version than 9.16.15

I have tried to update to 9.16.17 , 9.16.18 and the latest 9.16.19, all those
versions refuse to start. Nothing reasonable in event viewer. Always same error
when trying to start BIND: Windows could not start the ISC BIND service on
Local Computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

Rollback to version 9.16.15 and process starts normally. Named-checkconf does
not return anything.

Any ideas, what could be the problem?

C:\DNS\bin>dig -v
DiG 9.16.19

C:\DNS\bin>net start "isc bind
The ISC BIND service is starting.
The ISC BIND service could not be started.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3523.

Only this version works:

C:\DNS\bin>dig -v
DiG 9.16.15

C:\DNS\bin>net start "isc bind
The ISC BIND service is starting.
The ISC BIND service was started successfully.

Br,

Sami Leino
Järjestelmäasiantuntija
+358 40 823 8680