Hi guys,

I want a clarity whether we can have individual logging statement per view
basis ? Whatever i found on google, i think we can't.
My use case for separate logging statement is as follows -

In my recursive server, i have 2 views, one for my internal clients and one for
Internet ; i am running Internet view just for catch hold of scanning IPs (type
of honeypot).

Syntax of 2 views are as follows -

view "INTRANET" {
match-clients { PRIVATE.SEGMENTS ; };
recursion yes;
};

view "PUBLIC" {
match-clients { any; };
allow-query { none; } ;
recursion no;
};

My logging config is -

channel queries {
file "/var/log/log/queries";
severity info;
print-time yes;
print-category yes;
print-severity yes;
};
category queries {
queries;
};
channel query-errors {
file "/var/log/log/query-errors" versions 5 size 20m;
severity dynamic;
print-time yes;
print-category yes;
print-severity yes;
};
category query-errors {
query-errors;
};

channel default { file "/var/log/log/default" versions 5 size 20m; severity
info; print-time yes; print-category yes; print-severity yes; };
category client { default ; } ;
category general { default ; } ;
category unmatched { default ; } ;

By this config, i am getting all the query logs (for both the views) in a
single file and also i am getting REFUSED statements in query-errors category
file.
I want to achieve to have separate query log file for each view and doesn't
want to log REFUSED queries (which are for PUBLIC view) in query-error
category.

please help how can i achieve this.

Thanks,
Gaurav Kansal

Disclaimer:

This e-mail and its attachments may contain official Indian Government
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and delete this e-mail. Any dissemination or use of this
information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized. The
responsibility lies with the recipient to check this email and any attachment
for the presence of viruses.