Parkin, Richard (R.) <rpark...@ford.com> wrote:

> I’d like to understand how much traffic is flowing to each forwarder
> (QPS, etc) and monitor that for any issues.  Is there a way to do that
> effectively in Bind without putting some kind of network device on the
> outbound path to measure it?  If not, does anyone have any suggestions?

One option is dnstap, though you will need to do your own scripting to get
the numbers you are interested in. You can configure dnstap to log only
forwarded queries so it doesn't have to drink the whole firehose.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  https://dotat.at/
Irish Sea, Shannon: West or southwest 4 to 6. Moderate or rough in