Philip Prindeville <philipp_s...@redfish-solutions.com> wrote:

> I'm operating on a residential ILEC that hasn't deployed IPv6, so
> turning off IPv6 isn't "self-harm", it's what cyber security
> professionals refer to as "reducing attack surface".

Sorry, that was unkind of me, and it's a topic I should not be sarcastic
about.

It isn't clear to me exactly how configurable or hardcoded your script
needs to be. If you know it will always run in a v4-only environment, or
in either v4-only or dual-stack environments, you might as well hardcode
-4 -l and you'll only need to change it if you have a v6-only deployment.

--
Tony Finch  <f...@isc.org>  (he/they)  Cambridge, England
Dover, Wight, Portland, Plymouth: Cyclonic 2 to 4 at first except in