On 05/01/2022 8:53 pm, Mark Andrews wrote:
Why should you want them to go away while you still have DS records
referencing them?

You also have a CDS record referencing a DNSKEY that dnssec-policy
doesn’t seem to know about.

sienawx.us.             2892    IN      CDS     49366 8 2
60E3D64328B3D8929838FD1F2AB03CD5C8C72E3185C667B059E00157 D95F8CED

The DS records need to be removed before the DNSKEYs referencing them
go. Also does your registrar support CDS/CDNSKEY or do you need to
manually update the DS records?  Based on
https://support.google.com/domains/answer/6387342?hl=en&ref_topic=9018335
I’d say no

[SNIP]

Thanks, Mark. I've cleaned up the DS records in Google, and fixed the sienawx.us CDS issue (it was added by bind at some point, but wasn't in my unsigned zone, so I stopped bind, removed the signed version of the zone, and upped the SOA serial in the unsigned version to higher than what was in the signed version,
and restarted bind).

I also didn't realize I needed to do a rndc dnssec -checkds -key <keyid> withdrawn <domain>.

I did find a manpage bug for the rndc man page for 9.18.2:
 dnssec (-status | -rollover -key id [-alg algorithm] [-when time] |
-checkds [-key id [-alg algorithm]] [-when time] published | withdraw))
       zone [class [view]]

s/withdraw/withdrawn/

withdraw garners a syntax error :(

Thanks for the inbound clue-by-four.

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: l...@lerctr.org
US Mail: 5708 Sabbia Dr, Round Rock, TX 78665-2106