On 29. 05. 22 22:37, S Egbert wrote:

oops

make that this link https://github.com/egberts/bind9_parser <https://github.com/egberts/bind9_parser>

On May 29, 2022, at 4:28 PM, S Egbert <s.egb...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Just a short blurb that I now make parsing named.conf easier in Pyhton3 using PyParsing module.

Through a pythonized variable, one can also generate JSON string.

The end-use should be obvious to those who need one, but one of my case is a large library of named.conf in pythonized form with capability to change IP, port, and topology on the fly.

MIT License

Enjoy.

https://github.con/egberts/bind9_parser

Very interesting piece of work, thank you for sharing!

Accidentally I was working on something similar, so far limited to parsing named.conf and rndc.conf grammars.

Very-much-work-in-progress can be seen here:
https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/-/blob/pspacek/arm-utils/doc/misc/parsegrammar.py

I think it is a good idea to generalize the code to consume https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/-/blob/pspacek/arm-utils/doc/misc/options files as much as possible because the grammar _is_ changing, albeit slowly. It becomes more pressing when migrating between versions etc.

Feel free to approach me if you want to exchange ideas and code!

--
Petr Špaček  @  Internet Systems Consortium