Petr Menšík <pemen...@redhat.com> writes:

> It is suitable for all other algorithms so I disagree that
> without algorithms 5 and 7 it is not usable at all. Majority of
> secured domains use stronger algorithms already.

Would it be the same if it worked for a majority of TLDs?  Say "nz" as
an arbitrary example. Would still work fine for a majority of users.  It
would probably take me some time before I noticed.  After all, I rarely
have a need to look up "nz" domains.  And when it occasionally failed I'd
probably never would have blamed Redhat.

IMHO BIND without RSASHA1 is useless as a validating resolver as long as
there are RSASHA1 signed zones out there.  At least as long as this is
still allowed.  And it is.  Hence the MUST validate.

The classical example of a failing domain is
https://dnsviz.net/d/paypal.com/dnssec/

Maybe acceptable for you?  Definitely not for me or my customers.  I
want DNSSEC validation on that domain. I'd certainly prefer a stronger
algorithm. But that's not an option, is it?

So, yes, I prefer to be forced to acknowledge this issue.  And refusing
to start without some form of explicit adminstrator action is the only
way that works in my experience.  Not enough admins read logs ;-)

Bjørn