From: Jan-Piet Mens via bind-users [mailto:bind-users@lists.isc.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at 3:41 PM EDT
To: bind-users@lists.isc.org
Subject: 'inline-signing' might go away and be replaced by dnssec-policy ?

Retried my named.conf with BIND 9.19.7-dev (Development Release) <id:e004ca4>
which reports:

     26-Oct-2022 21:31:42.021 /private/tmp/b/named.conf:11: 'inline-signing
yes;' must also be configured explicitly for zones using dnssec-policy without
a configured 'allow-update' or 'update-policy'. See
https://kb.isc.org/docs/dnssec-policy-requires-dynamic-dns-or-inline-signing

If I add an allow-update{} or inline-signing{} stanza, the server starts and
neither combination overwrites the primary zone file.

     -JP