I just noticed another difference between our configurations.

You have:
dnssec-validation yes;
and I have
dnssec-validation auto;

The manual says you need additional configuration if you have "yes" set:

https://bind9.readthedocs.io/en/v9_18_9/dnssec-guide.html#dnssec-validation-explained

Again, not sure how this could cause the problem you are having, but
it's worth a try...