Hi there,

On Thu, 8 Dec 2022, Ondřej Surý wrote:

The "we don't update upstream version" policy works well only if you
carefully pick upstream version. Instead this is snapshot of Debian
at random point ...

Somewhat OT, but this applies to more or less all software which you
might think of as "mission critical".  That includes your kernels -
after an 'upgrade' I've had a Debian kernel give, on an only slightly
unusual Intel architecture, performance which was orders of magnitude
poorer than the previously released version.  Very embarrassing if you
just spent the weekend installing it for an entire client organization.

--

73,
Ged.