This is all I have in my zone on secondary:

zone "mylocal" {
  type secondary;
  file "/etc/bind/mylocal.saved";
  primaries {
    192.168.40.142;
  };
};

My primary is a little more complicated:

zone "mylocal" {
  type primary;
  file "/etc/bind/mylocal";
  notify yes;
  allow-update {
    key kea_bind_DDNS_SEC;
  };
  allow-transfer {
    key "192.168.40.142-192.168.40.182-zone-transfer";
  };
  dnssec-policy default;
};

I just removed the zone and .jnl files from secondary and restarted. The actual
zone: mylocal.saved showed up immediately.  About an hour later
mylocal.saved.jnl appeared.