Currently we have (for our Master zone) a list of IPs that can update
our DNS master using the allow-update statement:

zone "redacted.ac.nz" {
   type master;
   allow-update {
   ::1;
   127.0.0.1;
   131.123.103.2;
   131.123.88.3;
}

We are wanting to transition to the more modern update-policy
statement (because we want to make use of keys), but as a transition
step we would like our existing whitelisted IPs to be included.  We
have tried the following:

zone "redacted.ac.nz" {
   type master;
   update-policy {
     grant ::1 zonesub ANY;
     grant 127.0.0.1 zonesub ANY;
     grant 131.123.103.2 zonesub ANY;
     grant 131.123.88.3 zonesub ANY;
   }
}

But all operations from the whitelisted IPs result in the following:

update 'assey.ac.nz/IN' denied

If we roll back to the "allow-update" statement block, everything
starts working again.

Could someone please advise whether update-policy allows IPs (there
are some sources on the net that suggest it should be able to accept
IPs and/or FQDN addresses - for example
http://pig.made-it.com/ddns.html) ?

If the statement does allow it, how can we go about troubleshooting ?
We have already tried starting named in the foreground with -d 10, but
don't get anything useful (just update 'assey.ac.nz/IN' denied)

With Thanks in Advance

Patrick