De : Borja Marcos <bor...@sarenet.es>
Envoyé : vendredi 4 août 2023 07:34
À : RAHAL Sami SOFRECOM <sami.ra...@sofrecom.com>
Cc : bind-users@lists.isc.org
Objet : Re: monitoring BIND

> On 3 Aug 2023, at 17:07, sami.ra...@sofrecom.com wrote:
>
>  Hello comunity
> please what is the most recommended tool for BIND monitoring and especially
> display response time and latency thank you in advance.

For latency, your friend is Dnstap. The implementation on Bind is superb. When
Dnstap reports a RESOLVER_RESPONSE event it includes *both* the query timestamp
and the received response timestamp. It doesn´t work on CLIENT_REPONSE right
now, although it may with a small caveat (I am going to lobby a bit: issue
3695).

Other DNS servers are not so complete so you should keep track of those
timestamps yourself.

Borja.