Hi John.
Sorry if this sounds picky, but a dot out of place in this game is the
difference between success and crash-n-burn.

Please can you show me EXACTLY what ...10.in-addra.arpa zones you have in
both sets of DNS?

>From previous work with AD clients I think that, if it doesn't already
exist, MS DNS will auto-create the reverse zone with the class (remember
classes?) that matches the client's IP. e.g. if a client comes along saying
"I'm 10.1.2.3" then MS DNS will create the /8 or class A reverse zone
"10.in-addr.arpa". Not "3.2.1.10..." or "2.1.10..." or "1.10..." but the
whole of 10!
This is because (close your ears MS) it assumes it is the only DNS in town.
Why would there be another one? If there is one client with a 10.x.y.z
address then there are potentially several billion more, so we'll create
10... just to be on the safe side. This makes MS DNS THE source of truth
for all 10, so no-one else can have any of it unless you start creating
delegations. More on that in a bit.

So first things first, Is this what happens in your environment? Or
something else? Real examples please + screenshots from MS DNS of the list
of zones. Screenshots? In a mailing list?? Try it anyway. You can redact
hostnames if you like, though they won't mean anything out of context.

Secondly, why do you have ...10 in BIND at all? What's its purpose?

Next, I would keep it simple. Don't try and replicate data in different
places if you don't need to. You COULD use zone transfer, of course, which
brings me to my next point...

Decide on a policy and stick to it. What data do you want MS DNS to be
authoritative for, what data do you want BIND to be authoritative for and
where do users send their queries?
For example, if AD clients are all assigned addresses from the range 10.1
then MS DNS only needs a zone 1.10..., not 10... The automatic zone
creation behaviour can be overridden if you create the zones you need at
the start.

In a previous life, I wanted ALL clients to query BIND and for MS to be
just a database. BIND would be authoritative for 10, MS would be
authoritative for (say) 1.10 and 2.10 but NOT 10. BIND would be
authoritative for 10 and delegate 1.10 and 2.10 to MS. ALL clients would
query BIND, including when performing their dynamic updates to MS. This
works because BIND knows who is responsible for all addresses starting 10.1
or 10.2

Long-winded, I know. But I think it's important to understand your end goal
before configuration.

Cheers, Greg