On 14.02.24 17:06, trgapp16 via bind-users wrote:
I configured Bind 9.18.12 as slave DDNS with dynamic updates from DHCP (ISC
DHCP 4.4)
running on the same server (Ubuntu 22.04 server)

When I run "named-checkconf named.conf", I get the following error

"named.conf:2018: option 'allow-update' is not allowed in 'slave' zone
'zonename.com'"

Following is the named.conf file (part)

zone "zonename.com" {
type slave;
file "com/zonename/sec.zonename.com";
masters {
IP address;
};
allow-update {
key rndc-key;
};
allow-transfer {
IP address;
};
};

I am clueless what is going wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated

your nameserver does not update secondary(slave) zones, therefore allow-update does not make sense.

you should remove it or replace with allow-update-forwarding so all received updates are forwarded to primary(master) server.

Linux is like a teepee: no Windows, no Gates and an apache inside...