On Sun, May 05, 2024 at 06:15:13PM +0200, Luca vom Bruch via bind-users wrote:
! Hello,
!
! I use bind (stock from alma 9.3) as a nameserver for a webhosting server
! with webmin/virtualmin.
!
! If I install BIND via copr (RHEL9 and derivatives only offer 9.16 instead of
! 9.18 - I want to experiment with DoT for opportunistic TLS between
! nameservers, upcoming standard  <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc9539/>
! RFC 9539 - Unilateral Opportunistic Deployment of Encrypted
! Recursive-to-Authoritative DNS (ietf.org) )
!
! what are the necessary steps to make isc-bind read the existing config
! files? named.conf in /etc and zones in /var/named?

Don`t know Your OS details, but when I upgraded 9.16 to 9.18 on
FreeBSD, my entire site fell apart and nothing did work anymore.

I found the problem - after I managed to access the respective
system (my ssh utilizes DANE/SSHFP) - that I had to newly write my
config files because all the filesystem pathnames have changed
between 9.16 and 9.18.

So beware.