On 08/06/2013 05:25 AM, Wolfgang Huber wrote:
Hi

one of my packages [1] has several places in its vignette where multi-panel figures are generated via
the likes of "par(mfrow=c(4,2))" within <<fig=TRUE>> code chunks. The package
builds fine with 'R CMD build', and the vignette builds fine when calling Sweave manually. However,
'R CMD check' fails with
* checking running R code from vignettes ...
    ‘Hiiragi2013.Rnw’ ... failed
  ERROR
Errors in running code in vignettes:
[..snip..]
   When sourcing ‘Hiiragi2013.R’:
Error: figure margins too large

I believe this is because R CMD check calls Stangle on the .Rnw and then
sources the .R file disregarding any device size settings. I can think of
several ways to work around this, but this seems like a rather basic deficiency
of the current system that asks for a more generic answer. Does anybody have
any insight here?

I guess these qualify as work-arounds

1. From ?RweaveLatex, \setkeys{Gin}{width=\textwidth} though this doesn't actually help much

2. par(mfrow=c(7,5), mar=par("mar")/2)

3. output to pdf and then include separately

  <<fig=FALSE>>=
  pdf("foo.pdf", ...)
  dev.off()
  @

  \includgegraphics{foo}

Not sure what you had in mind for a generic solution?

Martin

        Best wishes
        Wolfgang

PS I am sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but digging in the R-exts
manual and in Google did not turn up a solution for me.

[1] https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioc-data/trunk/experiment/pkg/Hiiragi2013

1100 Fairview Ave. N.
PO Box 19024 Seattle, WA 98109

Location: Arnold Building M1 B861