Hi guys,

- this is a very interesting discussion, and thanks for sharing your ideas.

On a maybe relevant note, during my previous effort trying to create an
alternative workflow auto-build system based on Docker containerization
using my package liftr, I found some similar issues in declaring
dependencies, or, dependency management in general. I think both methods
(in the RMD or the workflow package DESCRIPTION) may have some potential
drawbacks and advantages -- some of them are available in the comments of
the following file:

https://github.com/road2stat/dockflow/blob/master/src/2-containerize.R

Hope this helps,
-Nan