Hi guys,

OTOH indexMTGenome() only takes 20s on my laptop to create, install and
load GmapGenome.Hsapiens.rCRS.

Note that the size on disk of GmapGenome.Hsapiens.rCRS is 449M which is
surprising considering that the input of indexMTGenome() is a tiny 83K
FASTA file. That's for the source tree. 'R CMD build' then produces a
source tarball that is only 24M so is much reduced. Seems like the big
files in GmapGenome.Hsapiens.rCRS are very sparse!

Anyway this seems to be a reference genome so maybe would best belong to
AnnotationHub?

Cheers,

H.

On 11/9/18 08:42, Obenchain, Valerie wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> The options would be to make a data experiment package or put the data
> in ExperimentHub.
>
> Lori is our resident expert on these things but is out today. She'll be
> back next week and can provide more info.
>
> Valerie
>

> On 11/8/18 9:27 AM, Tim Triche, Jr. wrote:
>> What's the best/fastest way to do this? The package (MTseeker) will happily
>> build and install it for the user via the indexMTgenome() function, but
>> since I test for its presence prior to running examples, it seems like I
>> might as well have it available through BioC.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --t
>>
>>      [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

> information.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or
> distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited.  If you have

Hervé Pagès

Program in Computational Biology
Division of Public Health Sciences
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center