Thanks Gordon, I agree that some documentation should be added.  While
we are not in a position to provide
binaries for M1 at this time, anyone who has prepared their
M1-oriented version of R to install packages from source
can install Bioconductor packages.  I will respond on the support
site, and we will work on enhancing the
documentation for users.