Thanks a lot for your help Martin !
I didn't understand clearly the solution with the snapshot, but I can
finally use the DEXSeq package and I ran all the pasilla example given in
the vignette without crashing ! So I hope it will work on my dataset too.
Since I only need this version of R for the DEXSeq package, I can still use
the version 2.13 if something is not working on 2.14. I hope so !

Thank you again,
Jane

2011/7/25 Martin Morgan <mtmor...@fhcrc.org>

> On 07/25/2011 05:13 AM, Martin Morgan wrote:
>
>> On 07/25/2011 02:28 AM, Jane Merlevede wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> As you advise me, I installed R version 2.14 but I can't use the DEXSeq
>>> library: package "‘DEXSeq’ is not available (for R Under
>>> development)"... Do you know why?
>>>

>> It's a Bioconductor package, installed the Bioconductor way,
>>
>> http://bioconductor.org/**install/ <http://bioconductor.org/install/>
>>
>> that is,
>>
>> source("http://bioconductor.**org/biocLite.R<http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R>
>> ")
>> biocLite("DEXSeq")
>> library(DEXSeq)
>>
>> Glad the installation went ok, and I think DEXSeq will install correctly
>> for you.
>>
>> Usually the 'devel' branch of R is quite stable, but actually just at
>> the moment there is some instability and you might experience problems
>> when trying to install or load some package combinations. One error
>> message is
>>
>> Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable) :
>> unable to find an inherited method for function "[", for signature
>> "signature"
>> Error: loading failed
>>
>> and unfortunately the only really accessible solution, if you encounter
>> this at a crucial stage of your analysis, is to wait a few days and
>> update your R.
>>

> Actually, a solution is to build R from a snapshot several days ago, before
> 2011-07-21 from
>
> ftp://ftp.stat.math.ethz.ch/**Software/R<ftp://ftp.stat.math.ethz.ch/Software/R>
>
> Martin
>

>> Martin
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>> Jane

>>> R Under development (unstable) (2011-07-24 r56492)
>>> Copyright (C) 2011 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
>>> ISBN 3-900051-07-0
>>> Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (64-bit)
>>>
>>> R est un logiciel libre livré sans AUCUNE GARANTIE.
>>> Vous pouvez le redistribuer sous certaines conditions.
>>> Tapez 'license()' ou 'licence()' pour plus de détails.
>>>
>>> R est un projet collaboratif avec de nombreux contributeurs.
>>> Tapez 'contributors()' pour plus d'information et
>>> 'citation()' pour la façon de le citer dans les publications.
>>>
>>> Tapez 'demo()' pour des démonstrations, 'help()' pour l'aide
>>> en ligne ou 'help.start()' pour obtenir l'aide au format HTML.
>>> Tapez 'q()' pour quitter R.

>>> --- SVP sélectionner un miroir CRAN pour cette session ---
>>> CRAN mirror
>>>
>>> 1: Argentina (La Plata) 2: Argentina (Mendoza)
>>> 3: Australia (Canberra) 4: Australia (Melbourne)
>>> 5: Austria 6: Belgium
>>> 7: Brazil (PR) 8: Brazil (RJ)
>>> 9: Brazil (SP 1) 10: Brazil (SP 2)
>>> 11: Canada (BC) 12: Canada (NS)
>>> 13: Canada (ON) 14: Canada (QC 1)
>>> 15: Canada (QC 2) 16: Chile
>>> 17: China (Beijing 1) 18: China (Beijing 2)
>>> 19: China (Hefei) 20: China (Hong Kong)
>>> 21: China (Xiamen) 22: Colombia (Bogota)
>>> 23: Colombia (Cali) 24: Denmark
>>> 25: France (Toulouse) 26: France (Lyon 1)
>>> 27: France (Lyon 2) 28: Germany (Berlin)
>>> 29: Germany (Goettingen) 30: Germany (Muenchen)
>>> 31: Germany (Wiesbaden) 32: Greece
>>> 33: Indonesia 34: Iran
>>> 35: Ireland 36: Italy (Milano)
>>> 37: Italy (Padua) 38: Italy (Palermo)
>>> 39: Japan (Hyogo) 40: Japan (Tsukuba)
>>> 41: Korea 42: Mexico (Mexico City)
>>> 43: Mexico (Texcoco) 44: Netherlands (Amsterdam)
>>> 45: Netherlands (Utrecht) 46: New Zealand
>>> 47: Norway 48: Philippines
>>> 49: Poland (Gdansk) 50: Poland (Oswiecim)
>>> 51: Poland (Wroclaw) 52: Russia
>>> 53: Singapore 54: Slovakia 1
>>> 55: Slovakia 2 56: South Africa
>>> 57: Spain (Madrid) 58: Sweden
>>> 59: Switzerland 60: Taiwan (Taichung)
>>> 61: Taiwan (Taipei 1) 62: Taiwan (Taipei 2)
>>> 63: Thailand 64: UK (Bristol)
>>> 65: UK (London) 66: UK (St Andrews)
>>> 67: USA (AZ) 68: USA (CA 1)
>>> 69: USA (CA 2) 70: USA (IA)