On 09/26/11 09:16, rohan bareja wrote:

Yes, you need to merge the counts for each gene.

see ?split

Split the counts on the gene IDs then sum with lapply. Something like,

    lapply(split(df$counts, df$geneID), sum)

Valerie

Hi Valerie,

Thanks a lot..It worked finally.. So now I have a data frame for the geneIds ,TranscriptIds and the counts (3'utr) which is given below:

  GENE     TX     countsUTRctl
[1,] "148398" "1121" "2"
[2,] "339451" "1118" "0"
[3,]"84069"  "1116" "0"
[4,] "84069"  "1119" "11"
[5,] "9636"   "1126" "11"
[6,] "375790" "1127" "0"

Now I want to do differential expression of genes using DESeq,so do I have to merge the two same genes and its counts such as geneID 84069 (from above ) or i can proceed with the above dataframe?
If I have to merge them how do I do that?

Thanks,
Rohan