Large Scale Biology Corporation and Planet Biotechnology Inc.,
Announce Biomanufacturing Agreement
07/15/2004 -- Large Scale Biology
Corporation (NASDAQ: LSBC) and privately held Planet Biotechnology
Inc., (Planet) of Hayward, California, today announced initiation of
a biomanufacturing agreement to extract and purify Planet's lead
product, CaroRxT, a plant-made antibody to control dental caries.

Planet's CaroRxT is the world's first recombinant plant-made
antibody to be clinically tested, and has been shown to prevent the
adhesion of tooth decay causing bacteria to the tooth surface.
Planet's tobacco plants expressing CaroRxT secretory IgA will be
extracted by LSBC at its Owensboro, Kentucky, manufacturing
facility. CaroRxT has completed Phase I clinical trials under
an approved U.S. FDA Investigational New Drug (IND) application.

"The experience and manufacturing capabilities that LSBC offers in
the area of plant-produced recombinant protein extraction
complements our proprietary gene expression and product development
technologies," stated Elliott Fineman, President and CEO of Planet
Biotechnology. "Larger quantities of CaroRxT are needed for our
expanded clinical trials, and testing of formulations for the
European market. We are happy to be working with LSBC during the
scale-up phase of product development," Mr. Fineman added.

"We are pleased to be working with Planet, a true pioneer in the
development of plant-produced antibodies, as they expand their
development program for their exciting new product, CaroRxT," said
Kevin Ryan, LSBC's President and CEO. "Our new agreement with Planet
further exemplifies LSBC's leadership role in the manufacture of
plant-made pharmaceuticals and demonstrates the versatility of our
Owensboro manufacturing facility in the extraction of a wide range
of products," Mr. Ryan added.

About Large Scale Biology Corporation

Large Scale Biology uses its proprietary gene expression, molecular
engineering and bioprocessing technologies to develop and manufacture
therapeutic and industrial proteins, vaccines and diagnostic
products for
effective characterization and treatment of disease. Corporate
offices, R&D
laboratories and Eclipse Diagnostics Inc. are headquartered in
Vacaville,
California, and the Company's commercial-scale biomanufacturing
facility is
located in Owensboro, Kentucky. For more information about Large
Scale
Biology Corporation, visit the Company's website at www.lsbc.com.

About Planet Biotechnology, Inc.

Planet Biotechnology, Inc. is a privately held, clinical-stage
company whose
mission is to discover, develop and commercialize new
monoclonal-antibody-based therapeutic and preventative products to
meet
significantly underserved medical needs. The Company's unique plant-
derived
antibody-based products ("plantibodies") have been produced through
cultivation of genetically modified tobacco. Planet's headquarters
and
product development laboratories are located in Hayward, California.
For
additional information on Planet Biotechnology Inc. please visit the
Company's website at www.planetbiotechnology.com.

This release contains forward-looking statements about applications
of
LSBC's technologies and potential markets for product of one of our
collaborators. These forward-looking statements involve risks,
uncertainties
and situations that may cause our actual results to differ
materially from
those implied by these statements, including our ability to
commercialize
one of our products, the ability of our collaborators to sell
products we
extract or make for them, the effectiveness of our and our
collaborators'
technologies to produce specific products and/or in a cost-effective
manner,
any difficulties or delays in obtaining regulatory approval to test
and
market such products, and the requirement of substantial funding for
us to
preserve our technology base and product pipeline. We cannot
guarantee
future results. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-
looking
statements, which apply only as of the date of this release. For a
further
list and description of such risks and uncertainties see the reports
filed
by Large Scale Biology Corporation with the Securities and Exchange
Commission, including our reports on Forms 10-K and 10-Q. Except as
required
by law, we do not undertake to update or revise any forward-looking
statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or
otherwise.

LSBCT, our logo and GENEWAREŽ are trademarks of Large Scale Biology
Corporation. Planet and CaroRx are trademarks of Planet
Biotechnology, Inc.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/RzSHvD/UOnJAA/79vVAA/H4xqlB/TM

Yahoo! Groups Links