http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/H4xqlB/TM

Funding Round for Cambridge Biotech Company Completed

Cambridge-based biotech company, Activotec, has just completed a
significant funding round to enable it to accelerate the growth of
the company.

Cambridge-based biotech company, Activotec, has just completed a
significant funding round to enable it to accelerate the growth of
the company.

Activotec, which has its trading base in Cambridge UK and an R&D and
production facility in Southampton, was founded in 2002 as a spin
out from the University of Southampton. The Company modifies
peptides and proteins to make them therapeutically useful and
already has a solid customer base for its products.

The money was raised quickly through a syndicate mainly composed of
private high net worth investors, was significantly oversubscribed
and had to be scaled back.

Activotec chief executive, Chris Littlewood, commented: "The funds
will be invested in further research and development while expanding
our current business. This will assist us in our dual strategy of
creating and licensing technology to drug developers while also
quickly growing our custom peptide and synthesiser sales.

About Activotec
Activotec develops novel methods for the synthesis of peptides and
proteins and provides innovative custom synthesis services,
instrumentation and chemicals for chemical research and development.

Its mission is to establish Activotec as the partner of choice for
peptide-based drug discovery.

If you would like more information please call them on +44 (0)1223
260008.

http://www.arizonabiotech.com/
http://www.arizonaentrepreneurs.com/
http://www.azhttp.com/