Arizona Biotech News - Southwest 2006: Transforming Visions into
Business Realities Comprehensive Bioindustry and Business Conference
in Tucson April 3 & 4

The third of a bi-annual series of conferences organized by the Bio-
Industry Organization of Southern Arizona (BIO-SA), will be held at
the DoubleTree Hotel in Tucson, Arizona on April 3 and 4.

BIO-SA announced that BioSouthwest 2006: Transforming Research
Visions into Business Realities Comprehensive Bioindustry and
Business Conference will be held in Tucson April 3 & 4

http://www.arizonabiotech.com/

BioSouthwest 2006, third of a bi-annual series of conferences
organized by the Bio-Industry Organization of Southern Arizona (BIO-
SA), will be held at the DoubleTree Hotel in Tucson, Arizona on
April 3 and 4.

This year's program is expected to better nurture the convergence of
science and business.

Business-track sessions are designed to provide young and maturing
bioscience companies with exposure to resources to help maximize
growth. Scientific sessions will offer current and future research
topics of the 21st century.

The program is available at www.bio-sa.org

Venture Capitalist G. Steven Burrill of Burrill & Company in San
Francisco will give the opening keynote.

The midday Plenary Address by Dr. Vicki Chandler, Director of the
BIO5 Institute, will provide a vision of multidisciplinary
biological research yielding tangible benefits. A goal of BIO5
(http://bio5.org/) is to link researchers and the private sector to
deliver benefits to the community. She is a distinguished Regents'
Professor and member of the National Academy of Sciences, a winner
of the NIH Director's Pioneer award and celebrated investigator of
the genetics of maize.

Dr. David Thorpe, BIO-SA Chair & BioSouthwest Project Manager,
said "We are excited about the excellent program and the
unprecedented networking opportunities this event will provide to
members of our local biotech cluster as well as to attendees we will
draw from outside the region. BIO-SA strives to help establish the
connections needed to translate research visions into business
realities for our community. We know that cohesive communities are
critical to vibrant high-tech economies, and our meeting will help
people to make connections between scientific and business
communities. BioSouthwest should help improve human lives by
enabling the transformation of scientific ideas into realities."

ABOUT BIO-SA:

The BioIndustry Organization of Southern Arizona (BIO-SA) is
committed to promoting bioindustry in the region through community
building and business enablement. The BIO-SA cluster works to ensure
that the ingredients required for further expansion of the area's
bioindustry sector are in place. The BIO-SA cluster is comprised of
members from large and small companies, higher education and
research institutions, and individuals interested in the development
of a strong bioindustry in Southern Arizona. See http://www.bio-
sa.org for additional information.

BioSouthwest 2006 and BIO-SA CONTACT:
David Thorpe, MD PhD
Chair, BIOSA
Dept. of Discovery Biology
Sanofi-Aventis Combinatorial Technologies Center
Telephone: (520) 544 - 5842
FAX: (520) 575 - 8283

http://www.arizonabiotech.com/

http://www.arizonabiotech.com/