I explicitly added the table name in this updated config, but it still
shows '---' in the table column:

# start config
router id 127.0.0.1;

vpn4 table vpntab4;

protocol bgp peer1 {
        local as 65217;
        neighbor 100.66.8.129 as 65217;
        hold time 180;
        vpn4 mpls {
                table vpntab4;
                import all;
        };
}
# end config

My guess was that it used the default tables for ipv4 and ipv6 -- master4
and master6 -- even though it is not receiving any routes of those types. I
added entries for those types as well, but it still shows '---' for the
table name.

# start config
router id 127.0.0.1;

vpn4 table vpntab4;

protocol bgp peer1 {
        local as 65217;
        neighbor 100.66.8.129 as 65217;
        hold time 180;
        ipv4 {
                table master4;
                import none;
                export none;
        };
        ipv6 {
                table master6;
                import none;
                export none;
        };
        vpn4 mpls {
                table vpntab4;
                import all;
        };
}
# end config

Ultimately I'm trying to use the bird-lg looking glass (
https://github.com/sileht/bird-lg) with bird, and it doesn't accept '---'
as a valid table. That may be an issue with bird-lg, if '---' is an
expected value. But I've defined all the table names that appear when I run
`birdc show route count`, but it's still showing '---'.

--
Chris Herdt
Web Applications Developer