Hi,

Firstly, thanks for all the work on bird - it's a great tool!

On 24/10/2023 18:05, Maria Matejka via Bird-users wrote:
BIRD basically doesn't set IP addresses to interfaces.

Of course, if there is demand for this, and we are closely monitoring what the users think and wish, we may rethink this design choice.

FWIW, we're relatively light users of bird, which we use for routing redundancy within HA clusters (using babel).

On older setups, we used Debian ifupdown to configure network interfaces (e.g. assign IP addresses to dummy interfaces).

For more recent deployments we've started to use systemd-networkd.

For our purposes I think we'd prefer to stick with using external tools for interface configuration.

Regards,

Tim.