Hello all,

I heard recently about the lightweight tunnel infrastructure in Linux
kernel (ip route ... encap ...). And I think this might be helpful in
the context of this thread. Linux kernel allows already to add
encapsulation parameters to the route entry in its table. So you do
not need to create tunnel devices for that. And wireguard
encapsulation and destination might be added there too. But as I
understood the technology, it works only in one way (for outgoing
packets) and the decapsulation should be processed separately, for
example in case of VXLAN and MPLS they have their own tables.

Regards,
Alexander Zubkov
Qrator Labs